Due to the current pandemic of Coronavirus, with immediate effect, access medical care has changed.
The below is supported by the recommended guidance from NHS England. Our main priority is to keep our patients safe.
If you are presenting with a cough or/and fever, please follow NHS England advice and self isolate for 14 days. For more information, please visit www.nhs.nuk/coronavirus-covid-19.
You do not need a medical certificate to self isolate.
All pre-booked appointments are suspended. If you already have a pre-booked appointment, one of the team will contact you to see how we can help.
No appointments will be booked at the reception desks. If you have a problem and need to be seen please phone the surgery.
Please phone the surgery on the day you wish to be seen, at which time your request will be dealt with. You will be called back by one of the team later that day. No appointments will be made on your initial conversation with the receptionist.
Telephone consultation appointment ONLY. These are only 2 minutes long and are for the clinicians to carry out an assessment of your need. If using this service please remember:
- To keep you safe and permit the Doctor to prioritise medical emergencies, you MUST record a reason for the consultation slot at time of booking.
- Do not turn up at the surgery at this time as you will be turned away.
- If, following consultation, you are asked to come into the surgery, please abide by the given instructions for when you arrive.
- Do not be alarmed if you are examined by one of the team wearing protective aprons, gloves and masks.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and on leaving the surgery.
All of the above are subject to change due to the evolving nature of this pandemic.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this time.